Some 3 years ago we were faced with one of the deadliest pandemics of our generation. Now, it seems that we have reached a milestone with infections and hospitalizations greatly decreased. That said we are cognizant of the fact that our patients still have concerns.
We have learned from this unprecedented event and it has changed us and changed the way we do things. We have not let our guard down and are continuing our vigilance in maintaining safety centric protocols.
The St. John’s Family Dental Team have not taken our greater role in keeping Manitoba citizens safe lightly. We have kept up with all of the information available regarding COVID-19 and we will continue to monitor any changes in the status quo.
We want you to take comfort in the fact that we will always consider your safety and comfort as our first priority.
Even though it seems that the worst is behind us, we want you to know that we will continue to err on the side of caution and ensure the safety of our patients and staff by adhering to rigid hygiene and risk reducing protocols which include:
• Following all guidelines established by our governing body, the Manitoba Dental Association;
• Following enhanced patient screening prior to attending to our clinic and again, upon their arrival;
• Limiting patients allowed into the waiting room area;
• Requiring all team members to wear appropriate state of the art protection equipment;
• Using enhanced HEPA filtration equipment to keep our air as clean as possible; and
• Checking and double checking our hygiene protocols and following them to the letter to ensure that all of our clinic surfaces and equipment are sterile.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Ryan Head, BSc, DMD