As we approach our 10th month of living with a pandemic we are cognizant of the fact that our patients have concerns.
We have enhanced our sanitization procedures and the frequency with which they are performed. We have invested in new HVAC equipment and air purification procedures as well as personal protection equipment to keep our team and patients safe.
We've also created new patient intake protocols designed at ensuring patients whom we treat are healthy and free of COVID-19. This keeps us and our patients safe.
The St. John’s Family Dental Team have not taken our greater role in keeping Manitoba citizens safe lightly. We have kept up with all of the information available regarding COVID-19 and the health risks associated with it and we are learning more about the virus daily and are confident in our abilities to offer quality and safe oral health care to our patients.. We simply would not stay open if we had any hesitation in doing this.
That said, we will continue to err on the side of caution and ensure the safety of our patients and staff by adhering to rigid hygiene and risk reducing protocols which include:
• Following all guidelines established by our governing body, the Manitoba Dental Association;
• Following enhanced patient screening prior to attending to our clinic and again, upon their arrival;
• Limiting patients allowed into the waiting room area;
• Requiring all team members to wear appropriate state of the art protection equipment;
• Using enhanced HEPA filtration equipment to keep our air as clean as possible; and
• Checking and double checking our hygiene protocols and following them to the letter to ensure that all of our clinic surfaces and equipment are sterile.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Ryan Head, BSc, DMD