We are excited to announce that Manitoba Health and the Manitoba Dental Association, after a careful analysis of the current pandemic situation in our Province, have given the green light to all dental offices in the Province to resume normal operations effective June 1st, 2020.
The St. John’s Family Dental Team have not taken this permission lightly. We have kept up with all of the information available regarding COVID-19 and the health risks associated with it and we are confident that we can get back to work safely. We simply would not do it if we had any hesitation.
That said, we will continue to err on the side of caution and ensure the safety of our patients and staff by adhering to rigid hygiene and risk reducing protocols which include:
• Following all guidelines established by our governing body, the Manitoba Dental Association;
• Following enhanced patient screening prior to attending to our clinic and again, upon their arrival;
• Limiting patients allowed into the waiting room area;
• Requiring all team members to wear appropriate state of the art protection equipment;
• Using enhanced HEPA filtration equipment to keep our air as clean as possible; and
• Checking and double checking our hygiene protocols and following them to the letter to ensure that all of our clinic surfaces and equipment are sterile.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Ryan Head, BSc, DMD